If you are getting ready to buy vinyl windows for your home in the Seattle, WA area, then you need to research your options before making the purchase. It is easy to see why vinyl windows should be the top choice for your family. But, there are several features to consider before making your decision.
Here at Puget Sound Window & Door, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to install new windows in your home. Here is a quick checklist that you can follow to ensure that you are buying the right windows for your family:
- Cost: How much will you be paying for the installation? Check on the price before agreeing to the service. Make sure to ask clarification questions, to be sure that installation is included in your quoted estimate.
- Installers: Ask the window company about the installation practices. The best solution is to choose a company with in-house installers. Some businesses outsource installation to other subcontractors, which could have a negative impact on the results.
- Warranty: If you are going to spend money on replacement windows, then you should make sure that the manufacturer will stand behind the products that are installed. Many of the reputable brands offer a lifetime warranty.
- Single, Double, or Triple Panes: Understand the composition of the windows so that you can maximize the insulation for your home. Double-paned windows are better than the single-paned options if you want to improve the energy efficiency of your home. The best solution is triple-paned, although some homeowners don’t want to spend the money for an additional upgrade.
- Disposal of Old Windows: When the installation is complete, you don’t want to be stuck with a stack of old windows for disposal. Talk to your installation team in advance to ensure that they will remove the old windows and take care of disposal.
- Screens and Night Stops: Find out of any accessories are included in the price, such as screens or night stops. These things might seem like small details, but they can make a big difference to keep your family safe in the future.
- Installation Time: How long will the installation team be in your home? Ask about the details for installation in advance, so that you can adjust your schedule accordingly. Your window company should be able to provide you an estimated time to complete the installation. Fast installation is good, as long as the team has the experience to ensure quality.
These are great points to consider when you are talking to potential window installation teams. If you are thinking about installing new vinyl windows, then you should keep this checklist handy to help you gather the necessary information in advance.
Here at Puget Sound Window & Door, we have worked hard to develop a strong reputation in Seattle, WA, and the surrounding areas. We invite you to see the vinyl windows Seattle, WA in our showroom at 445 E Main Ave, Puyallup, WA 98372. Or call our team to schedule a consultation: (253) 904-8658