It is exciting to buy new windows for your home, but some people have a hard time choosing the features and products that will be best. How do you choose windows that will match your preferences? As a Seattle, WA homeowner, you can rest assured to know that you can talk to the best vinyl windows team in the area: Puget Sound Window & Door.
We encourage our customers to research their options and compare the products that are offered. Many times, homeowners choose vinyl windows because of the long list of benefits that are available. As you are making your decision, you can use this checklist to ensure that you pick products that are built to last:
- Price: What is your budget for the home improvement projects? If you want high-quality windows without spending a lot of money, then you should consider the benefits of vinyl. Make sure that you pin down the price in a written proposal before allowing the contractor to begin the work.
- Warranty: If something goes wrong after installation, will the repairs be covered under warranty? You can often get a good warranty from the manufacturers and also benefit from a warranty for the installation as well.
- Window Panes: The cheapest windows will have a single pane of glass, which doesn’t offer a lot of insulation for your home. Upgrading to double- or triple-paned windows will improve the energy efficiency of your home and decrease your utility bills.
- Installation: Ask the team about the anticipated installation times and the length of time that the contractors will be in your home. Also, check to see if employees will be handling the installation or if it will be outsourced to another company.
- Old Window Disposal: When you are putting replacement windows in your home, then you need to be prepared for proper disposal of the old windows. The installation team will need to remove those windows to put in the new products. The best solution is to choose a service that includes disposal so that you don’t have to worry about it.
- Night Stops and Screens: Will your new windows include all of the features that you need? Check to see if night stops and screens will be included, or if you will need to pay for these additional items.
These ideas can help you to know the questions that you should be asking when you talk to a window installation team. Here are Puget Sound Window & Door, we are dedicated to the satisfaction of our customers. We invite you to contact us to learn more about the services that we offer.
Our team wants to provide the best service in the industry. We invite you to learn more about the high-quality vinyl windows Seattle, WA that are available. You can contact us at Puget Sound Window & Door for more details. We have a showroom located at 445 E Main Ave, Puyallup, WA 98372. Call for info about our products and services: (253) 904-8658