How do you know when your windows need to be replaced? As a homeowner, it can be hard to keep up with all the home maintenance projects that are required over the years. But, you need to monitor the details to protect the quality of your home. If you are considering Seattle, WA windows replacement, then right now might be a great time to schedule a consultation to learn more.
A professional window contractor can inspect your property and make recommendations for future upgrades. There are also a few signs that you can notice in your home. If you see any of these problems, then it is a good idea to schedule a complimentary in-home consultation:
Signs that the Windows Need to Be Replaced
Take some time to inspect the windows in your home. If you see any of these problems, then it is best to talk to our team for help with your replacement project:
- Drafty Air: When air is seeping through the windows, this outside air will negatively impact the climate in your home. For example, on a cold day, the cool air will come inside, causing your heater to turn on more frequently to offset the change in temperature. Hold your hand up near the window to see if drafty air is coming through the frame.
- Leaks on the Sills: Do you notice that water starts to puddle up when it is raining outside? Check your window sills to see if you notice any signs of condensation or water. If the windows are leaking, then they need to be replaced as soon as possible! A little bit of water might seem harmless. But, the water can cause serious damage to your home. Procrastinating replacement windows could result in thousands of dollars in restoration costs.
- High Utility Expenses: Have you noticed that your utility bills are steadily increasing? Energy rates are going up, so it is important to be proactive with energy efficiency improvements. Replacement windows can be a great solution if you notice that your utility costs are rising.
- Outdated Style: Even if your windows are still functional, you might consider the benefits of updating them to improve the style of your home. Old windows can have a negative impact on the appearance of the property. But, you can improve curb appeal by installing new windows.
- Noisy Neighbors: Loud noises from the neighbors is another sign that the windows might need to be replaced. Poorly insulated windows will bring in the sounds of the neighborhood. It can be hard to relax if you can hear loud noises when you are in your home.
You might be surprised at the many benefits that are available when you choose to update the windows in your property. If you have questions about the options that are available, then you are invited to contact our team anytime.
Here at Puget Sound Window & Door, we are focused on your satisfaction. We encourage you to visit our showroom at 445 E Main Ave, Puyallup, WA 98372. Or call for details about the services that we provide in Seattle, WA, and the nearby cities: (253) 904-8658