Say I Love You this morning with some heart shaped Valentines Day Pancakes! Not only is this recipe a breeze, but you can make the batter the night before!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbls sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbls unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Multiple heart shaped cookie cutters
- Preheat griddle or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg, milk and melted butter to dry ingredients. Whisk to combine (small to medium lumps OK).
- Place a heart shaped cookie cutter on the griddle or griddle pan and drop appropriate amount of batter into the mold.
- Allow to cook until pancake can hold it’s shape (small bubbles will appear on surface).
- Remove cookie cutter and flip. Cook until desired pancake consistency is reached
- Serve with warm maple syrup, and your choice of fresh fruit!
Recipe adapted from MarthaStewart.com