December 23, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions About Replacement Windows
Do you have a question or two about the replacement windows on your Redmond, WA home? Use this FAQ list to get some answers to common replacement window questions.
If you’re looking into replacement windows for your Redmond, WA home, you probably have a lot of questions. Who can blame you? There’s a lot to know when it comes to replacement windows. If you want some questions answered, this list of FAQs can help.
- What’s the best kind of replacement window frame? It’s important to buy replacement window frames that have a balance of strength, style, durability, easy maintenance, and great insulating properties. Wood frames are very stylish, but they do require regular maintenance. Vinyl frames, on the other hand, are easy to care for, but can be tricky when it comes to style. Try and balance these ideal features to find the frame material that’s best for your home.
- Can replacing old windows save me money on heating and cooling? Up to one-third of the money you spend to heat and cool your home can be lost as the temperature-controlled air from the inside leaks out through inefficient windows. You need to invest in modern replacement windows with features like insulated frames and thermal barrier glass to prevent energy loss. The right replacement windows can help you use less energy to heat and cool your home. This can save you big bucks on your energy bills.
- Can I install my new windows by myself? It’s not a good idea, even if you can save a few dollars on installation costs. Professional installation is almost essential for modern replacement windows to work at their highest level. Plus, you might end up spending more money in the long run in repairing the issues that come from poor installation.
- Do I have to replace all windows at one time? Technically you do not have to replace all your windows at once. However, the best way to maximize your energy savings is to replace all old windows at the same time to eliminate all drafts at once. Some replacement window vendors and manufacturers can place you on a replacement schedule that will gradually replace all of your windows in a reasonable time period if you can’t afford to do them all at once.
- Aren’t all replacement windows the same? While it is possible to find cheap replacement windows at any old hardware store, these models don’t even come close to the ones you can get from professional window companies when it comes to style, longevity and energy efficiency. Plus, when you order from a window vendor, you can get replacement windows that are custom sized to fit your home and engineered to deliver the exact performance you require.
- What does the inert gas between windowpanes do? Inert gas, such as argon or krypton, between windowpanes is very important for energy efficiency. The gas helps keep your home at the ideal indoor temperature without costing you extra energy usage and therefore money, as it serves as barrier to help prevent thermal energy transfer through conduction.
If you have more questions on Redmond, WA replacement windows, Puget Sound Window & Door is here to help. Please stop by and visit us at 445 E Main Ave Puyallup, WA 98372, or give us a call at (253) 904-8658.