September 13, 2021
The Benefits of Cleaning Your Replacement Windows
Replacement windows are great, but they need to be cleaned regularly in order to maintain their efficiency, function, and beauty. Learn more about the benefits of cleaning windows.
Investing in replacement windows for your Redmond, WA home is a great way to enjoy more comfort, higher energy efficiency, more convenience, and even a higher home value.
Windows have come a long way from what they used to be, but they still need regular maintenance in order to perform at peak function and look their best for years to come. And this maintenance includes regular cleaning. Here are just a few of the many benefits of regularly cleaning your windows:
- Aesthetics – Dirty windows are unsightly, there’s no way around it. From dirt and dust to grime and cobwebs, dirty windows look bad from both the inside and outside of your home.
- Protection from Damage – Dirt and other buildup can actually damage your window glass. Even if your windows aren’t visibly dirty, grime and dirt can create tiny scratches on the glass that will ruin your windows permanently. Not only do these scratches look unsightly, but they also cause even more dust and debris to cling to your window.
- Increased Energy Efficiency – The dirtier your windows are, the less energy efficient they can become. This is because tiny scratches in the window glass from dirt and debris can make the window glass less insulative, and therefore reduce the window’s overall efficiency.
- Protection for Window Accessories – Regularly cleaning your windows will also help protect your window accessories, like flower boxes, shutters, and other coverings, from damage. The more cobwebs and grime cover your window, the more cobwebs and grime will cover your accessories.
- More Natural Light – Grime, dirt, and other buildup on windows can block sunlight from entering your home. Not only is natural light beautiful and comforting, but less natural light also means less natural heat when it’s cold outside.
But how often should you clean your replacement windows? The common rule of thumb for residential windows is cleaning twice a year. But this number can go up depending on if you live on a busy street with lots of dust or there are lots of trees with pollen in your yard. You also need to consider your climate and environment when scheduling window cleanings, as some areas might necessitate more frequent cleanings than others. Think about these key things when planning how often you will clean your windows:
- Is there new construction in your area?
- How often do you clean your screens?
- Do you live close to busy streets?
- Are there lots of trees and pollen in your vicinity?
- Is there often high wind in your area?
- Did you remodel your home?
Cleaning your windows regularly will help keep them beautiful, efficient, and well-functioning for years to come. Plus, this chore will also help your home seem cleaner, brighter, and more pleasant.
Do you want to learn more about window cleaning, window maintenance, or Redmond, WA replacement windows? Puget Sound Window & Door is here to help. Stop by and visit us or give us a call today.