May 13, 2019
5 Questions About Vinyl Replacement Windows
Vinyl windows are a popular choice for use as replacement window in Kirkland, WA. Learn more about vinyl replacement windows with these common questions and answers.
Vinyl is a very popular choice for replacement windows in Kirkland, WA and the rest of the country. If you’re considering vinyl for your replacement windows, you probably have a few questions. You’re not alone, and this list of 5 common vinyl replacement window questions and their answers might be helpful.
Here are 5 of the most commonly asked vinyl replacement window questions and their answers to help you on your way to finding the best windows for your home:
- Will Vinyl Windows Work With My Older Home? Yes! Vinyl replacement windows come in almost every shape, size, color, and design, so it's easy to find the model that meets your home’s style and function needs, from energy savings to low-maintenance durability, and classic shape to bold color. Vinyl also comes in many imitation-wood styles, so you can get the look of a classic window without all the hassle of real wood. It's easy to find vinyl windows that will work with an older home.
- What is the Lifespan of a Vinyl Window? While there are many different factors at play when it comes to your windows’ lifespan, from the materials and construction method to climate, weather and more, most vinyl windows last a lifetime. Wood windows, however, only last about 30 years, and this is with constant maintenance and upkeep.
- Are Replacement Vinyl Windows Secure? You need your windows to not only look great but also to work well. This includes keeping your home safe from intruders and other unexpected events. The majority of vinyl windows come with a range of security features to help keep you and your loved ones safe, including full frame installation, secure locks, and strong structural integrity.
- What are My Options for Replacement Vinyl Window Colors? While the exact numbers vary, most vinyl window manufacturers offer hundreds of different colors and finishes. You can mix and match colors and finishes to make even more options, so you’re sure to find the exact combination to match your home and style. Some manufacturers also offer custom color and finish creations for even more personalization.
- How Much do Vinyl Windows Cost? Again, this varies greatly from window to window and contractor to contractor. However, you can almost guarantee that vinyl replacement windows will cost less than wood replacement windows. This affordability also comes with quality and function, as vinyl is more durable, easy to maintain and often more energy efficient than wood. You can talk to your contractor for a more exact estimate.
These are only 5 of the many questions homeowners have about vinyl replacement windows. If you have more questions about vinyl, or about replacement windows in general, Puget Sound Window & Door can help. We have lots of experience in the Kirkland, WA replacement window industry. Please pay us a visit at 445 E Main Ave Puyallup, WA 98372, or give us a call at (253) 904-8658 to learn more about what we can do for you.