Installing replacement windows and doors in Tacoma, WA is a great way to make your home more safe, comfortable and energy efficient. If you have cracked, leaky, broken, damaged or just plain old doors and windows, its time to invest in replacements. There are a lot of options out there when it comes to replacement windows and doors, so how do you find, choose and install the best ones for your home?
The first step is collecting all the important information. Any knowledge you have makes you better equipped to make important decisions through the process. The following is a list of 10 tricks, ideas, and tips to make sure you know everything you need to in order to make your new windows and doors the best they can be.
- Check For Performance – High quality replacement windows and doors should have airtight seals for weatherproof performance and function. Inspect the corners and edges of the window and door frames for cracks and crevices, and make sure the windows tilt or open easily for ventilation and maintenance.
- Trust the Professionals – Your contractor and vendor know what they’re talking about. Listen to their advice and recommendations when making your decisions.
- Investigate Extras – Double or triple-paned glass panels for windows and doors, as well as extra thick doors not only help keep energy costs down, but also keep unwanted sound out for a more quiet and comfortable home.
- Read the Label – All replacement windows and outdoor doors come with a label detailing their energy efficiency ratings. Windows and doors have different ratings, and good ratings vary from area to area. Check for a high rating for Woodstock’s climate to make sure you get the highest quality product.
- Follow All Local Codes – There are replacement window and door installation codes in place in Woodstock to ensure you and your family’s safety. Make sure you and your contractor are aware of, and follow, all the necessary codes.
- measurements will save you time and trouble later on in your installation.
- Install Flashing – Even the highest quality windows and doors can leak at the top without flashing or drip caps, especially in our somewhat wet Woodstock climate. Investing in solid flashing will protect your replacement windows and doors from water damage.
- Check Out Added Protection – Storm doors and windows are a great way to protect your replacement windows and doors from severe weather.
- Don’t Forget the Trim – It’s easy to forget the finishing touches. Your replacement windows and doors won’t look complete without new trim to go with them. Think about other accessories and extras like lights and new hardware to boost the visual appeal of your replacement windows and doors.
There is a lot to know when it comes to replacement windows and doors. That’s why you should trust Puget Sound Window & Door. We have years of experience with Tacoma, WA replacement windows and doors, and would love to use that experience to help you and your family make your home the best it can be. Visit us at 445 E Main Ave Puyallup, WA 98372 or give us a call at (253) 904-8658 to learn more.