March 25, 2019
Common Types of Replacement Windows
The best place to start on your search for replacement windows for your Federal Way home is with the basics. Learn about the most common kinds of replacement windows.
If you need replacement windows for your Federal Way, WA home, you might be stressed about where to start. There are so many different kinds of replacement windows available, and finding the right ones can feel overwhelming. However, like most things in life, its best to start with the basics.
Learn more about the following most common types of replacement windows to give you a better idea of where you should start. The more you know about replacement windows, the better equipped you will be to choose the best ones for your home.
- Single and Double Hung - Single and double hung replacement windows are the most common choice for homeowners all over the country. Built in bottom and top sashes make double hung replacement windows incredibly easy to maintain. A simple tilt of the sash opens the window for easy cleaning and fresh air. Their timeless appeal looks great with any home concept.
- Sliding - Sliding replacement windows make life a breeze. They open horizontally along upper or lower tracks with minimal effort on your part. Large glass panels give beautifully open views of the outdoors.
- Custom - Custom replacement windows are an excellent choice when you have a specific idea as to what goes with your home. They are pretty much anything you can dream up.
- Picture – Picture windows don’t open. They’re just panes of glass that give you a great view of the outdoors and let light into your home. Choose insulated glass for high energy efficiency.
- Garden Windows - Garden windows are curved outward for gorgeous outdoor views and a tasteful accent to any space. Choose from a variety of color options to further accent or complement your room design. Add pre-insulated seaboards for even more energy efficiency and warmth.
- Bay Windows - Bay windows are a classic and entrancing choice for your home. Bay windows dramatically curve outward, creating an almost fishbowl of glass on the outside of your home. They are casual and charming for any room in your house. Set up a bench for reading, or simply leave the area all glass for tons of natural light and garden views.
- Bow Windows - When you want a less dramatic curve than garden windows, but still like the concept, choose bow windows for your replacement windows. Bow windows come color ready for a quick and easy installation. Add grids for further accenting, or thermal glass for cold or severe climates.
These are only a few of the many different kinds of replacement windows out there, but they are the most common. Use them as a jumping off point or as inspiration to find the best windows for you and your home’s needs.
Still feeling lost? Puget Sound Window & Door, located at 445 E Main Ave Puyallup, WA 98372, can help. We offer a range of Federal Way, WA replacement window services, and would be happy to guide you to the best windows for your home. Give us a call at (253) 904-8658 today.