June 22, 2020
Maintain your Privacy with Replacement Windows
Even though your windows bring light and air into your home your privacy is important. Get inspired with these tips for making your replacement windows more private.
Without taking the right measures to ensure privacy, anyone from the street can see through a window into your home. Even though adding replacement windows to your Tacoma, WA home can bring light and air into your home, and can even offer more safety, what the average replacement window cannot offer is privacy.
Since privacy is very important, especially when it comes to bathrooms and bedrooms, there are some steps you can take to make your replacement windows more private, such as:
- Textured Glass – Textured glass, sometimes referred to as frosted glass, is a kind of glass that has a textured finish to distort light and therefore prevent anyone from seeing in through the window. Textured glass still allows light in, but blocks vision. This kind of glass is ideal for bathroom windows and shower doors.
- Curtains – Curtains are most often used with blinds and shades to offer additional privacy and decoration. You can find curtains in almost any shape, size, color, or fabric. Look for heavier curtains for more privacy or lighter curtains to let in more light.
- Window Film – Window film is very similar to textured glass in that it distorts the image but still allows in light. However, window film can be added to any window glass without any construction and is very affordable. Window film is a good temporary privacy solution for renters.
- Blinds – Blinds are great for making windows more private. There are many different kinds of blinds to choose from including Venetian and horizontal as well as various materials like plastic, wood, and fabric. You can find blinds to add to your existing windows or look for replacement windows that come with blinds already built-in.
- Exterior Privacy Screens – These screens are made of slats and are installed on the outside of a window. They allow you to open the window for ventilation but angle the slats for privacy.
- Shades – Shades are very similar to blinds except that they don’t have slats, they are instead made of fabric. There are lots of different types of shades from Roman and honeycomb to roller and more. You can also find shades with differing opacities to allow some light or no light at all to come through.
- Interior Shutters – Interior shutters are very similar to exterior privacy screens in that they allow the window to be open for ventilation but have slats that can be angled to create more privacy. However, interior shutters are on the inside and their slats are built on doors that can open for complete ventilation or an unobstructed view of the outdoors.
As these are just a few of the ways you can make your replacement windows better in terms of privacy, Puget Sound Window & Door is here to provide more tips and information. We offer a range of Tacoma, WA replacement window services and are happy to do what we can to make your windows the best they can be. Stop by or give us a call today to learn more.