April 15, 2019
Save Money On Replacement Windows
Replacement windows in Lakewood, WA and the rest of the country can be expensive. Learn more about what windows cost so much, and what you can do to save money.
If you’re not careful, you could end up spending a ton of money on replacement windows for your Lakewood, WA home. Have you ever wondered why replacement windows cost as much as they do? Are there ways to save money on replacement windows without sacrificing quality? Keep reading to find out the answers.
The three main factors that influence how much replacement windows cost are:
- The amount of windows that need to be replaced
- The type of replacement windows chosen
- The difficulty level, or amount of labor, the installation requires
Unless you’re building or buying a new home, you don’t have much control over how many windows needs to be replaced as you can’t control how long it takes windows to age or how many windows your home has. While you can shop around for good deals on window contractors, you also don’t have much control over how much the labor and installation will cost. So, if you’re hoping to save money on your replacement windows, you have to control what kind of windows you choose.
You can save money on what kind of replacement windows you choose by:
- Going with function over fashion. Custom windows cost more money, and functional windows can help save you money on your energy spending.
- Simplicity is key, since trendy or fancy windows come with big price tags. It’s also easy to add decoration to simple windows on a budget.
- Choose longevity in material. Wood windows take a lot of maintenance and money, while vinyl windows are cheaper, easier to care for, and even very energy efficient.
However, it’s important that you don’t cut corners on safety and energy efficiency. After all, a quality window could help save you money in the long run through energy savings. In fact, replacement windows can help you save money in lots of ways like:
- Lowered Energy Bills –New windows make your home more weatherproof so your heater or air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard. This lowers your energy bill to save you money and help protect the environment.
- Government Incentives –Federal, state and local governments often offer tax credits and subsidizations for energy efficient replacement windows.
- Maintenance Costs –New replacement windows are easier to clean and maintain than older models, so you’ll spend less time and money on maintenance.
- Increased Home Values –Replacement windows greatly increase your home’s value. This will get you more money if you ever choose to sell, or save you money if you ever refinance.
Replacement windows can be pricey, but you can find the right ones for your home without breaking the bank if you use these tips. If you want more information on Lakewood, WA replacement windows and how you can save, contact Puget Sound Window & Door. You can visit us at our showroom located at 445 E Main Ave Puyallup, WA 98372, or give us a call at (253) 904-8658.