November 25, 2019
What Are Sliding Replacement Windows?
If you’re looking for replacement windows for your Tacoma, WA home, you should check out sliding windows. They come in different style each with awesome benefits.
There are a lot of different kinds of replacement windows in Tacoma, WA, so choosing which ones you want for your home might be bit of a challenge. However, this might not be the case once you learn more about sliding windows. Sliding windows offer energy efficiency, user-friendly design and superior ventilation, making them great addition to any Tucson home.
Sliding windows, or gliding windows, are unique windows that are made with sashes that move right or left in a single frame. There are two main types of sliding windows: two-lite and three-lite. Two-lite sliding windows have two independent sashes that slide left to right, making them ideal for maximum ventilation and super easy cleaning. Three-lite sliding windows, on the other hand, have two independent sashes on either side of a fixed center sash.
Sliding replacement windows are ideal for rooms in which you want an unobstructed view of the outdoors or extra ventilation. Sliding windows are also great for rooms, areas or spaces that are hard to reach, like above a kitchen sink or a bathtub. They are great for these tough spots because they are easy to open from left to right rather than top to bottom. You can also use sliding windows in window openings that are wider than they are tall.
Sliding replacement windows offer you and your home a ton of benefits, including:
- Great Ventilation – Some sliding windows can be slid open on both sides, allows both panels to be wide open for even more ventilation.
- Energy Efficiency – Sliding windows are fairly simple in design, thereby eliminating complicated elements that could break easily or malfunction, leaving your home unprotected against drafts. Sliding windows can also be ordered with energy efficient glass, making them even more beneficial to your monthly energy bills.
- User Friendly – These replacement windows are known for being user-friendly. This is the case because you only have to slide one side of the window open, while the other stays stationary, which requires less force and an easier angle. Sliding windows can sometimes be opened or closed with the push of a finger, depending on what kind of roller that the window sash slides on. Because of this feature, these windows are usually found in spaces where it may be difficult to reach the window.
- Superior Security – Sliding windows commonly come with double lock cams, offering homeowners better security and therefore more peace of mind.
- Unobstructed Outdoor Views – Sliding windows are usually wider than they are tall. This wide design gives you a large, horizontal view of the outdoors, rather than the narrower vertical view you get with standard windows. Also, the larger the sliding window, the more natural light you’ll be able to enjoy inside your home.
If you want to learn more about sliding style replacement windows, or have questions about other different types of Tacoma, WA replacement windows, you can contact Puget Sound Window & Door by visiting 445 E Main Ave Puyallup, WA 98372 or calling (253) 904-8658.