Even though your home is a major part of your family, it can’t really talk to you. However, your home can still communicate when its time to invest in new replacement windows in Kirkland, WA. Your house’s windows are extremely communicative, and can give you clear signs when they need to be replaced, including:
- Broken, Warped or Damaged – It’s easy to see when your windows are damaged in some way. High temperatures, or large amounts of humidity and moisture can warp your windows, while extreme weather, the passage of time, or mal-use can break your windows. It’s sometimes possible to repair a broken window rather than replacing it, but only if the problem is minor. Broken hardware, old weather-stripping, or old paint can all be repaired. However, replacing a warped, damaged or broken sash or frame is almost always a better choice than attempting a repair.
- High Energy Bills – Old, drafty windows can increase your energy bills by 10 to 20 percent. If you see your energy bills climb higher and higher, your windows might be trying to tell you its time to be replaced. Replacing your old windows with new, energy efficient ones can greatly reduce both your heating and cooling bills. Also, new energy efficient windows can greatly increase your home’s value if you ever want to sell.
- Lacking Curb Appeal – Your windows are one of your home’s most prominent features. Beautiful, well-maintained windows make your home look beautiful, while old and worn windows make your home look old and worn. Take a look at your windows. Keep an eye out for old screens, warped frames, fading color, or out-dated storm windows. Replacement windows can instantly add curb appeal to your home. Upgrade your architecture with a personalized window design, or install larger windows to increase your home’s natural light.
- Severe Weather – Unfortunately, New Jersey sees a lot of severe weather. From blistering summers and strong hurricanes to blizzards and ice storms, New Jersey windows have seen it all. Extreme weather can really do a number on windows. If your home has recently gone through a storm, take a closer look at your windows. It might be a good idea to replace them with sturdier, more weatherproof options.
- Historic Renovations – Historic homes are beautiful, but the years might be hiding nasty secrets in the windows. Replacing old windows on a historic home is an excellent way to increase the home’s lifespan without detracting from the home’s overall look and feel. You can even install historically accurate replacement windows with a little customization. Don’t let your historic home’s look and feel be hidden by old, malfunctioning windows.
If you see any of the above warnings signs, or are in any of the situations, it might be time to replace your windows. There are lots of reasons why you should replace windows, but only a few trustworthy businesses that can help you through your window replacement. You can count on Puget Sound Window & Door for expert Kirkland, WA replacement window services. Visit us at 445 E Main Ave Puyallup, WA 98372, or call us at (253) 904-8658 today.