February 4, 2019
Window Replacements and Custom Glass
If you’re investing in a window replacement for your Lakewood, WA home, you should consider adding custom glass. There are many different kinds to choose from.
A window replacement in Lakewood, WA is a great opportunity to upgrade your home in lots of ways. A window replacement can not only help with your windows’ energy efficiency and beauty, but can also give you the chance up upgrade your windows with custom glass.
Custom glass has a lot of benefits for almost every home, from function to style and everything in between. Learn more about the different kinds of custom glass so you can be ready to choose some for your new windows.
- Privacy glass is a lightly blurred glass that prevents people from seeing into your home without filtering too much natural light. There are privacy glass options that have an obscurity rating of 9 or higher, meaning it’s almost impossible to see through for ultimate privacy. Privacy glass can also be decorative, with patterns like frosted leafs, pebbles and rain.
- Safety glass is a tempered option that is more resistant to shattering and breaking that standard replacement window glass. Typically, window glass breaks into either big, dangerous pieces or tiny shards that can cause serious injuries. Tempered safety glass breaks into small, round pieces with no sharp edges, greatly reducing injury risk.
- Decorative glass can come in almost any color, size or shape. Add grilles and grids for added support with the look of individual panes, or stained glass for color and personality. You can even order glass to fit unusual replacement window shapes like round, triangle, or diamond to fit unique spaces around your home.
- Etched glass is another kind of decorative glass. It comes in eight common yet distinctive patterns including single, double, diamond, petal, trellis and more. Etched glass is also available in different etching styles like shadow, frosted and polished. Combine different patterns and styles for unique replacement window looks that match your home décor and personality.
You can use custom glass for replacement windows all around your home. Each type has different uses and different ideal locations:
- Privacy glass is a great option for bathroom windows, as it boosts privacy but still lets in lots of natural light. You can even use privacy glass inside your home for shower doors or dividers.
- Safety glass is perfect for any vinyl window in your home, but especially for those in potentially unsafe areas. For example, use safety glass in windows around wet or slippery areas in case you fall and hit the window.
- Decorative glass is a great choice for any window that you want to add interest or make a focal point. Use stained glass in your entry way windows to greet guests with personality, or put etched glass in your kitchen windows to cast fun shadows on the counter.
Puget Sound Window & Door, located at 445 E Main Ave Puyallup, WA 98372, can easily help you choose the best custom glass for your replacement windows in Kirkland, WA. Feel free to come see us in person, or give us a call today at (253) 904-8658 for more information.