February 22, 2021
Finish Your Renovation Right
Learn some important finishing touches for your renovation. After all, it’s the little things, like stylish replacement windows, that make a home renovation project successful.
read more posts →
While new walls and changed floorplans do have a big impact on your home, its often the little things that make a renovation sing. When you do any home renovation it’s easy for your attention to be drawn to the big pieces and projects, but smaller finishing touches, like adding replacement windows to your Redmond, WA home, make your house look and feel complete after a renovation.
Don’t forget about the little things like:
- Replacement Windows – Adding a new wall or taking down and old one revitalizes a room, but so do new windows. Try adding new windows to your home renovation to-do list to make your home extra stylish and functional.
- Doorways – Doors are functional, but they can also be incredibly stylish. Especially when they’re used in creative ways. A new door can revitalize any room in your house, while decorative molding can make an entryway really shine. Try trendy door styles like pocket or barn doors or go with a timeless door that will last for years to come.
- Window Treatments – You can’t have a home renovation without some new window treatments. Upgrading old treatments to new ones, like window shutters, can make your home look brighter and more welcoming. Shutters offer excellent light control and privacy, making it easy for you to get natural light while maintaining privacy, while shades, curtains and blinds are simple and traditional. New treatments can also make your home more energy efficient and save you money on your energy spending in the long run. While upgrading your window treatments may seem simple, it’s always best to work with a window expert to make sure they are the best they can be.
- Lights – You can’t forget about the light fixtures. Adding new lights or replacing old fixtures can revitalize a space without adding too much extra time or expense to your renovation schedule and budget. Whether you’re adding new lights to a dark corner or changing up the fixtures for fresh new style, have fun when choosing your light fixtures. And you don’t have to be tied to scones or cans, either. Floor lamps are just a stylish as modern track or recessed lighting. Don’t forget about energy efficiency when shopping for new light fixtures. LED strings and fully connected outlets can help reduce your energy spending.
- Storage – Clutter can make or break a space. So, if you’re doing a home renovation, take the time to come up with storage solutions that will keep your home looking great and clutter-free for years to come. Built-in shelving is always a great addition, especially if you’re already doing some renovations. However, if you don’t have the budget or the time for built-ins you can also try furniture that doubles as storage. Storage ottomans are great for toys, sheets and extra pillows, while under-the-bed drawers are ideal for off-season clothing and blankets. You can even find coffee tables with hidden drawers for extra items.
Do you want more tips for your next home renovation? Puget Sound Window & Door can help! We offer a range of Redmond, WA replacement window services. Stop by and visit us or give us a call.