August 16, 2021
Super Easy Home Improvement Projects
Want to improve your home without the time or expense of a major renovation? Use these super easy ideas, like installing treatments to your replacement window, to make your home better.
read more posts →
If you’re willing to invest a little elbow grease, there are tons of ways you can make your home better without spending a ton of money. From installing treatments on your replacement windows on your Tacoma, WA home to changing your light bulbs, here are super easy DIY home improvement ideas:
- Install Shelves – If you have a random wall or corner in your home that you don’t quite know what to do with, install some shelves. Floating shelves are easy to install, and they look very chic. Plus, it’s a safe bet that you could use a little more storage.
- Update Your Furniture – A brand new couch is pricey, but reupholstering your existing couch just takes a few hours and some creativity. You can update other furniture, too, like chairs and tables with a new stain or coat of paint.
- Change Dated Fixtures – It's incredible how much changing fixtures can change a room. Whether you’re updating frosted glass pendant lights or ripping out nasty old ceiling fans in lieu of more modern ones, spend the weekend changing your dated fixtures for a quick home update.
- Give Your Window Treatments Some Love – Window treatments are great, but they can get dirty if left unattended. A quick way to make your home feel new again is to clean your window treatments. You can even repaint or re-stain shutters or shades if you want to add a new pop of colour.
- Add Greenery – Plants, flowers and other greenery always add life and colour to a space. Worried about watering? Buy some fake plants!
- Organize Cords – Cords hanging off the TV, tangled by the nightstand, or snaking around your desk look plain messy. Clear away and organize your cords by investing in some cheap cord organizers and power strips.
- Clean Tile and Grout – Nothing makes a bathroom or kitchen seem older and dirtier than stained grout or tile. Buy a cheap tile and grout refreshing kit at your local hardware store or online and spend the afternoon scrubbing. It might take some elbow grease, but your kitchen and bathroom will look good as new.
- Organize Your Closets – Cleaning out and organizing your closet doesn’t take any money, tools, or gadgets, but it can make a huge difference in your home. Sort your garments and other items into three piles: keep, donate, and throw away.
- Do Some Painting – Few things update a space more than a fresh coat of paint. You can totally change the
- colour of a room for a super new look, or you can just give the existing colour a refresh.
- Make Space for Your Pet – Your furry friend deserves a space all his own, and you deserve a home that’s free from pet clutter. Take some time on your weekend to carve out a dedicated space for your pet and all its accessories.
Want to improve your home without the time or expense of a major renovation? Sometimes it’s the smallest of changes in your home that make the biggest impacts. Want more DIY tips or information on Tacoma, WA replacement windows? Puget Sound Window & Door is here to help.