April 13, 2020
When to Order Your New Replacement Windows
Learn when to order your new Tacoma, WA replacement windows. It’s important to carefully plan when you need to order your windows to make sure they arrive on time.
Every home renovation project needs a lot of organization and careful planning, from carefully measuring to making sure any new items arrive on time, such as new replacement windows for your Tacoma, WA home.
You need to make sure that your new windows arrive when you need them. If they are delivered too early, they will sit around and get in the way, but if they arrive too late, they can disorganize your entire timeline.
In order to make sure that you get your new windows at the right time, you need to order them at the right time. Delivery timelines depend on:
- Your Ordering Process – Most window businesses have unique ordering processes to make sure that customers are happy with the end result. These processes can entail in-home consultations, taking measurements, reviews, and confirmations. Consult with your window professional for an accurate timeline.
- Where the Windows are Made – Your blind’s delivery time also depends on where the windows are made. American-made windows can be made and delivered to places in the United States sometimes as quick as 2 or 4 weeks. On the other hand, windows made overseas can take between 5 and 6 weeks for manufacturing and transit from the overseas facility.
- Color Matching – Trying to match an existing color in your home always adds additional time. The added time is necessary for looking at swatches and ordering and reviewing color samples. It’s important to look at samples in person as photos can vary in tone, brightness, and even texture. Requesting color samples takes a few extra days, but is always worth it.
- What Kind You Choose – Different types of windows take different times to be delivered. For example, pre-made windows can be delivered quickly while custom windows take much longer. More budget-friendly windows often take longer to be delivered as they are generally made overseas and have to be shipped.
- Custom Details – If your windows require special modifications or details you need to add at least a week or two to the delivery timeline. These modifications, like custom color matching, require extra time not only for production but also for the additional approvals and reviews needed to ensure you are completely satisfied with the end result. You should budget at least 7 to 8 weeks for more specialized windows.
If getting new windows for your home is something you see in your future, be sure to take the time to plan out your timeline. Not only will this ensure you’re not stressed out or disappointed, but it can also save you money as express shipping or expedited orders can cost a premium. Try to work backwards from when you want the windows to come up with your ideal ordering date.
If you want to learn more about Tacoma, WA replacement windows all you have to do is reach out to Puget Sound Window & Door. You can stop by and visit us at 445 E Main Ave Puyallup, WA 98372 or give us a call at (253) 904-8658 today.